Windows Registry Disclaimer:
Quest does not provide support for problems that arise from improper modification of the registry. The Windows registry contains information critical to your computer and applications. Make sure you back up the registry before modifying it. For more information on the Windows Registry Editor and how to back up and restore it, refer to Microsoft Article ID 256986 “Description of the Microsoft Windows registry”
at Microsoft Support.
On the Agent machine, follow these steps:
1. Stop the Agent.Service
2. Open regedit
3. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AppRecovery\Agent
4. Export the whole branch, and then export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AppRecovery\Agent\AgentId
5. Delete the whole branch HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AppRecovery\Agent
6. Import HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AppRecovery\Agent\AgentId. This is important if you want to keep the Agent paired with its original recovery point chain on the Core.
7. Start the Agent.Service and verify in regedit that the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AppRecovery\Agent branch is populated again.
8. Protect the machine on the Core