AppAssure does not include bandwidth settings for the agent backup. To reduce the speed of a backup the transfer settings must be adjusted. Adjusting transfer settings is not an exact process as it is affected by the type of agent, the network configuration, and the I/O capabilities of the agent disk. Hence the transfer settings should be adjusted, tested, and then adjusted again to find the appropriate settings needed. To adjust the transfer settings:
- In the core console select the agent from the left panel to modify
- Select the configuration Tab
- Select transfer settings.
- Click on Change
- Reduce the maximum concurrent streams and concurrent writes on the agent by half
- Reduce the maximum segment size by half
- In some cases setting the outstanding reads per stream to 24 may be necessary as that will significantly reduce the amount of bandwidth used during backups.
- Continue to adjust these 3 settings until the desired rate of backup has been reached