AppAssure does not include bandwidth settings for the agent backup. To reduce the speed of a backup the transfer settings must be adjusted. Adjusting transfer settings is not an exact process as it is affected by the type of agent, the network configuration, and the I/O capabilities of the agent disk. Hence the transfer settings should be adjusted, tested, and then adjusted again to find the appropriate settings needed. These transfer settings should only be adjusted with agent based backup. To adjust the transfer settings:
- In the core console select the agent from the left panel to modify
- Select the configuration Tab
- Select transfer settings.
- Click on Change
- Reduce the maximum concurrent streams and concurrent writes on the agent by half
- Reduce the maximum segment size by half
- In some cases setting the outstanding reads per stream to 24 may be necessary as that will significantly reduce the amount of bandwidth used during backups. (***This setting should not ever be used with ESXi Agentless backup).
- Continue to adjust these 3 settings until the desired rate of backup has been reached