When migrating groups, there may be the need to resynchronize group membership so that the target Active Directory groups reflect changes made to the NDS groups.
To do this, please utilize the following steps:
- On the 'Object Mappings' tab, click 'View | Filter Object Mappings Display'
- On the 'Filter Mappings Display' dialog, click the 'Filter by NDS Object Type', click 'Group' and click 'OK'
- Control-click (to multi-select) the desired groups that need their memberships updated in Active Directory
- Right-click one of these highlighted objects and select 'Update Attributes'
- When 'Yes' is selected, the 'MigrationAction' column changes to 'Resynch Membership'
- Click 'Actions | Migrate Objects'.
A prompt appears:
"NDS Migrator has detected that the Object Mappings Display is being filtered. If you do not remove the filter, only the filtered object mapping will be migrated. Do you want to remove the filter?"
- At this point, all that is desired is the group synchronization (which is the current filtered screen), so click "NO"
- This will synchronize and update the Active Directory group memberships
Syncronization will not remove memberships in the target Active Directory groups, only append memberships. It will also NOT update attributes such as the group description. This is by product design.