In the Application section
• In the File name including path, field enter the complete path and filename where the application’s executable exists or click Browse to locate the executable’s path. Desktop Authority’s dynamic variable selection is available for this field by pressing the F2 key.
• In the Arguments field enter any optional parameters or switches to be passed to the launched application.
For the Miscellaneous options
• Select the Run as administrator check box to run the application with Administrator privileges. If the user logging on to the network does not normally have Administrator privileges, the application will be executed using Desktop Authority’s RunAs Admin service.
If this check box is cleared and the user does not have rights to access or run the application, the application will not run.
• Select the Hide any screen output checkbox to hide any windows that would normally be displayed by the application.
• Select the Launch asynchronously check box to run the application asynchronously.
In asynchronous mode, the applications will run at the same time. If this check box is cleared, applications will run one after another and each application must complete before the next one will begin.
Under the Message box settings section
• Check the box Show time-out message box prior to launching applications to pop up a message box before the application is executed.
• In the Window Title Field type in static text or press F2 to select a dynamic variable. The window title is displayed at the top of the popup window.
• In the Message Field enter the text to be displayed in the message box. Dynamic variables can be used in conjunction with your text. Press F2 to select a dynamic variable.
• In the Message box will time-out in xx seconds box specify the number of seconds for the message box to be displayed.
If there is no confirmation of the message box, the message box will be closed and the application will automatically be launched.
Specifying 0 seconds will display the time-out message box until it is confirmed.
Under the Cycle schedule section
• Use the Unique ID field to make each entry in the Application Launcher list a unique item, regardless of the application that is to be launched. This is helpful in the execution of an application when the Frequency is set to run only run once like when using Once Per Day or One Time.
• Use the Frequency drop down to select a login frequency from the list.
• Use the Cycle drop down to select a time interval for which the application will run.
For more information on how each setting under Frequency and Cycle can be used view the Administrators guide, or the help section.
• Use the Validation Logic tab to set the validation rules for the element.
• Use the Notes tab to create any additional notes needed to document the profile element.
• And use the Description tab to annotate the element.
Once the element configuration is complete then Save the element and Replicate the changes.