Click here to download this patch.
The following is a list of issues resolved in this ExpertAssist update
|Feature||Resolved Issue||Defect ID|
|ExpertAssist||Fixed ExpertAssist issue with an expired Microsoft hardware driver signature that potentially causes unexpected warnings to be displayed. ||DAMS-4207|
Fixed issue with an unexpected crash of the ExpertAssist client component during (or following) a remote-control session.
|DAMS-3946, DAMS-4111, DAMS-4196, DAMS-4200, DAMS-4201, DAMS-4202|
NOTE: In addition to resolving the reported issues, some overall ExpertAssist performance improvements are expected.
No known issues with this update.
Installing This Update:
- Download the ExpertAssist hotfix zip file to the Desktop Authority Server and extract the RSCClient.msi file. Warning: Some computers have security settings enabled that block zip files that come from other computers. Right click on the zip file and choose Properties. If blocking is enabled, you will see an “Unblock” button on the bottom right hand corner of the Properties dialog. Press “Unblock” and then press the OK button. Proceed to unzip the file.
- Backup original C:\Program Files (x86)\Quest\Desktop Authority\Desktop Authority Manager\ONRM\kernel\msipackage\RSCClient.msi.
- Copy the new RSCClient.msi to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Quest\Desktop Authority\Desktop Authority Manager\ONRM\kernel\msipackage, overwriting existing file.
- Delete contents of C:\Program Files (x86)\Quest\Desktop Authority\Desktop Authority Manager\ONRM\Invitations folder (should be a GUID folder name)
- Perform a replication.
- Process a logon, refresh, or logoff event on client(s) so existing remote management element validates and ExpertAssist is updated.
- After a few minutes, confirm in Add/Remove Programs that the installed ExpertAssist version is now 184.108.40.206.
NOTE: The upgrade of the EA client is asynchronous and can take a few minutes to complete. One way to tell the upgrade has finished is the SETUP process will no longer be visible in task manager.