To have Desktop Authority retrieve the size of a specific folder, Microsoft Disk Usage application can be used.
Inside the software package, several files will be found:
1) du.exe is the Disk Usage v1.6 (32 bits)
2) du64.exe is the Disk Usage v1.6 (64 bits)
Create a script to use the Disk Usage application:
1. A network shared folder must be created on any server with write permissions for Desktop Authority's Administrative Service user account. In this example we will use \\server\application\
2. Copy the Disk Usage files to the created folder
3. A batch file must be created (named as desired, desktop_size.bat in this example) in that folder with this command shown:
\\server\application\du.exe -q -nobanner %USERPROFILE%\Desktop /accepteula > \\server\application\%COMPUTERNAME%_%USERNAME%_desktop.txt
4. This batch will create a file named
File name including path: \\server\application\desktop_size.bat
Check "Run as administrator"
Check "Hide any screen output"
Check "Launch asynchronously"
A file in the network shared folder will be created with computer and user name with the space used in Desktop folder.