The aim when deciding what to capture with User Profile Management is to keep the profile as small as possible by only capturing registry keys and limiting the number of Special Folders. The best way to do this is by using folder redirection:
- Enable folder redirection using Microsoft group policy (GPO) to:
- Redirect folders, documents, videos, music, videos, and downloads
- Folder Redirection Roaming
- Configure Group Policy processing via GPO to redirect folders properly
- Configure Internet Explorer to use the AppData \ Roaming folder instead of AppData \ Local.
- Reconfigure Office, by GPO to use the AppData \ Roaming folder instead of AppData \ Local.
- Reconfigure Outlook using GPO to use the roaming user OST redirected folder to store the files and PST.
- Reconfigure Outlook using GPO to limit the size of OST file to 30 days
- Set Google Chrome and Firefox to use the AppData \ Roaming folder instead of AppData \ Local.
- Stop capturing the AppData \ Roaming and AppData \ Local folder with the vWorkspace profile manager.
- If there are already large .GBL files in the vWorkspace Meta Profile folder, edit and delete the folder AppData \ Roaming, and AppData \ Local
Use the vWorkspace Profile editor tool to edit the .GBL files.