About On Demand Migration - Hybrid Content Matrix
On Demand Migration - Hybrid Content Matrix combines the powerful functionality of Metalogix® Content Matrix with the easy-to-use, cloud-based interface of On Demand for performing migrations of SharePoint on premises site collections to SharePoint Online.
You can enter all of the information needed to perform a migration tasks in On Demand, which includes discovering site collections, discovering and mapping users, selecting the site collection you want to migrate, and configuring and running the migration.
That information is then passed from On Demand to Content Matrix, which is installed in a SharePoint on-premises environment, for processing. Results are then returned to On Demand.
The following prerequisites are required to begin using On Demand Hybrid Content Matrix:
- An On Demand subscription that includes consent for Hybrid Content Matrix for the tenant(s) in your organization to which you want to migrate.
- Content Matrix version 9.7 or later installed and activated.
- See the Metalogix Content Matrix Advanced Installation Guide for details.
If you have not already done so, you will need to install an On Demand agent on the same server or client machine as Content Matrix.
Once the agent is installed, complete the following steps:
- On the Tenants > Hybrid Agent tab, click Edit Configurations.
- Click Select Actions.
- Check Run Content Matrix as a Service, then click Select.
Once the agent is successfully configured, Hybrid Content Matrix will be available as a Migration option in On Demand.