You can use the NetVault SmartDisk CLI config command to perform tasks such as:
Before using the NetVault SmartDisk CLI config command, note the following:
• With the --volume and --pool options, the <path> and <label> strings are case-sensitive because they identify a specific NetVault SmartDisk Storage Pool or Volume.
• If a configuration-related command fails and displays a message similar to “Failed to apply configuration,” Quest recommends that you use the config command with the --show option to display the current configuration. After displaying the configuration, double-check the case of the specified NetVault SmartDisk Storage Pool or Volume to ensure that the strings reflect the case-sensitivity.
• The NetVault SmartDisk Services must be running before you can use the config command and most of the options. To view the options that are available, you can use the --help option while NetVault SmartDisk Services are offline.
The NetVault SmartDisk CLI config command supports the following options:
Table 2. Available options
Displays a list of the config command options and their syntax.
‑‑dedupe-enable <TRUE|FALSE> ‑‑dedupe-compression <TRUE|FALSE>
Enables or disables compression of NetVault SmartDisk-unique chunks. Disabled by default, compressing unique chunks can reduce their storage footprint up to 50%. Compression is performed on the unique chunks that result from the deduplication process. Compressing the initial Full Backup for a data set might take longer than not compressing the unique data because most of the data is considered unique. Subsequent Full Backups have fewer unique chunks and do not experience an increase in the amount of time it takes to complete the deduplication and compression process.
‑‑add|‑‑delete ‑‑dedupe-window <[Sun|Mon|Tue|Wed|Thu|Fri|Sat-]HH:MM-HH:MM>|<Never|Anytime>
• Days of Week: Specifies the days of the week on which the deduplication process runs. You can schedule it to run on multiple days, such as Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
• HH:MM-HH:MM: Using a 24-hour clock, specifies the times of day at which the deduplication process runs.
• Never: Disables the deduplication window. Backups enabled for deduplication remain in the Staging Store in a non-deduplicated state until the deduplication window is enabled.
• Anytime: Enables the deduplication process to be run at any time. Deduplication for a backup data stream begins after the initial 400 GB has been written to the Staging Store, which can provide nearly inline deduplication performance. ‑‑add|‑‑delete ‑‑gc‑window <[Sun|Mon|Tue|Wed|Thu|Fri|Sat-]HH:MM-HH:MM>|<Never|Anytime>
Sets the Garbage Collection window by specifying the times that NetVault SmartDisk Garbage Collection has priority over deduplication. By default, the Garbage Collection window is set to 13:00 through 19:00 on Mondays through Thursdays.
• Days of Week: Specifies the days of the week on which the Garbage Collection process runs. You can schedule it to run on multiple days, such as Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
• HH:MM-HH:MM: Using a 24-hour clock, specifies the times of day at which the Garbage Collection process runs.
• Never: Disables the Garbage Collection window.
• Anytime: Enables the Garbage Collection process to be run at any time. ‑‑dedupe-active-limit <Unlimited|limit> ‑‑network-capacity <MBps> ‑‑stream-limit <limit> ‑‑add|‑‑update ‑‑volume <path> [Parameters] ‑‑add|‑‑update ‑‑webdav <port> [‑‑block-size <bytes>] [‑‑credentials] [‑‑preferred-address <address>] ‑‑delete ‑‑webdav <port> [‑‑credentials] ‑‑update ‑‑remote-port <port> --write-md5 <Always|Never|
You can extend NetVault SmartDisk physical capacity by adding or updating the volumes specified for the NetVault SmartDisk Storage Pools. Use the config ‑‑add|‑‑update ‑‑volume <path> command to extend the NetVault SmartDisk physical capacity. You can also use the following additional parameters:
Table 3. Available parameters
Specifies the path for the file-system path of the volume to be used as a NetVault SmartDisk Storage Pool. You can specify local drives or Universal Naming Convention (UNC) paths for CIFS, NFS, and Storage Area Network (SAN). If the volume is on a mounted file system, verify that the specified path is a valid subdirectory on the mounted file system, and not the mounted directory itself. This step ensures that data is not written to the local directory if the mounted location is unavailable.
Specifies the percentage of the volume that NetVault SmartDisk can use; the remainder cannot be used by NetVault SmartDisk.
The value of ((100 - X) / 100) * (total volume size) is added to the Last Resort Threshold (LRT). In addition, a small amount of storage is reserved to complete Garbage Collection. These three components of reserved storage determine the total storage set aside that cannot be directly used by NetVault SmartDisk.
For example, if volume-size is set to 30 and the volume’s size is 100 GB, 70 GB is set aside — in addition to the LRT and Garbage Collection reserve space — and cannot be used by NetVault SmartDisk.
[‑‑dedupe-cap <Unlimited|cap>] [‑‑pool <label>]
Specifies the Label assigned to the Storage Pool. Defaults to a system-generated numeric label. Specify an existing Storage Pool label to add the volume to an existing Storage Pool, or specify a new name to create a Storage Pool.
Specifies the number of bytes reserved by the processes streaming data into NetVault SmartDisk. A smaller size results in NetVault SmartDisk having to reserve space more frequently; a larger size renders more disk space temporarily unavailable. If the Space.Available — reported through the show option — is less than the reservation-size, the volume is considered FULL.
[‑‑favour <Staging|Storage|"Chunk Index"|"Disk Index"|All|None>]…
Specifies which Storage Pool Roles the volume is available to perform. To specify multiple roles, list the ‑‑favour parameter multiple times. For example:
Use with ‑‑deny to dedicate a volume to one or more roles.
[‑‑deny <Staging|Storage|"Chunk Index"|"Disk Index"|All|None>]…
Specifies which Storage Pool Roles the volume is not available to perform. To specify multiple roles, list the ‑‑deny parameter multiple times.
Use with ‑‑favour to dedicate a volume to one or more roles.
Instructs NetVault SmartDisk to use the volume with either the most space available or the least activity occurring. If used with ‑‑favour and ‑‑deny, ‑‑balancing is applied last.NOTE: The --balancing parameter provides guidance to NetVault SmartDisk; the NetVault SmartDisk Disk Manager and Deduplicator make the final decision about how to allocate space.
Required for Windows® platform when specifying UNC paths. Specifies the user account with read and write permissions to the UNC path.
…\foundation\bin\smartdisk.bat config ‑‑add ‑‑volume \mnt
• To add a volume dedicated to the Chunk Store, enter the following command:…\foundation\bin\smartdisk.bat config ‑‑add ‑‑volume
c:\SDStoragePools2\Store ‑‑favour Storage ‑‑deny Staging
‑‑deny "Chunk Index" ‑‑deny "Disk Index"…\foundation\bin\smartdisk.bat config ‑‑add ‑‑volume
\\<IPaddress>\<NetVaultSmartDiskVolume> --account <nonpriviledgedUser>
© 2021 Quest Software Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Feedback Termini di utilizzo Privacy