In an Intrust organization that has both Intrust for AD and InTrust for Servers licenses, you may notice that gathering data from DCs (Domain Controllers) uses InTrust for Servers license instead of InTrust for AD licenses. This will may cause you to run out of InTrust for Servers licenses and get license violation errors.
The InTrust for Servers license is written in such a way that it allows collection from DCs depending on what options are licensed. When this option is available it supercedes the InTrust for AD license counter.
1. Open the InTrust for Servers license key (usually numericname.asc) in notepad and find the following section (where 5 is the number of servers that you are licensed for):
2. E-mail the file to email@example.com asking to change the above section to match what is below (assuming 5 is the number of servers that you are licensed for):
3. Open the InTrust Manager | right-click on Quest InTrust Manager (Local) | Installed Licenses.
4. Click the Update button and browse to the new key from licensing.
5. Highlight InTrust for Servers, then click Reset.
5. Click Close.
6. Run the gather again to verify the license violation has gone away.
Applies to InTrust 9.0 and greater.