When performing a differences report using GPOADMIN 5.3, if your setting contains the 802.11 wireless policy.it won't show up in the difference report.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new gpo
2. Approve the GPO, deploy (no settings is fine)
3. Check out the GPO
4. Edit the GPO
5. Navigate to Computer Configuration | Policies | Windows Settings | Security Settings | Wireless Networks (IEEE 802.11) Policies
6. Create a New Wireless Network Policy for Windows VIsta and Later Releases
7. Check in and approve, then deploy the policy.
8. Select the GPO, right-click and choose REPORTS | Differences
9. From base version choose 2.0 and from comparison version select 1.0 and show "DIfferences Only"
10. Notice that there is 0 items added, 0 items removed, and 0 items changed.
Perform the same action in GPOADMIN 5.4 and it works. In fact, the following areas were missing from the difference report in 5.3 and were added in 5.4:
- Name Resolution Policy
- Folder Redirection
- Wireless Network (802.11) Policies
- LanSvc Networks