Toad Edge® 2.8.0
These release notes provide information about the Toad Edge release.
About Toad Edge®
Toad Edge® is a database management application that allows you to perform database administration tasks with ease.
Toad Edge® allows you to:
- Connect to your databases, view, explore and edit database structure, database objects and properties
- Manage database objects, easily add, edit or drop objects in Object Explorer
- Obtain detailed information about your databases
- Manage data stored in your database, add, edit or remove records
- Write complex SQL code comfortably in Worksheet
- Compare and synchronize databases using powerful Schema Compare
- Conveniently manage users and user permissions in Object Details editors
- Seamlessly integrate Toad Edge into your Continuous Integration and Delivery processes
Toad Edge 2.8.0 is a minor release, with new features and functionality. See New features for more information.
New features of Toad Edge
In Toad Edge®2.8, the following new features were implemented:
- Introduced an option to configure the timezone for the DB platforms through the preferences settings.
- Officially supporting macOS 13 Ventura (64-bit).
Support for EnterpriseDB 15
- Toad Edge now supports connecting with EnterpriseDB 15.
Support for MariaDB 10.11
- Toad Edge now supports connecting with MariaDB 10.11.
The following is a list of enhancements implemented in Toad Edge 2.8
- Toad Edge now officially supports macOS Ventura
- Users can now configure the timezone for the DB platforms through preferences settings
- Toad Edge now officially supports MariaDB v10.11
- Toad Edge now officially supports EnterpriseDB 15
- Change the hyperlink to a new KB article in FIPS error window
The following issues were resolved for this release:
Toad Edge 2.8.0
|Faulty script generation for the INET6 data type in MariaDB has been resolved.
|SQL worksheets belonging to disconnected connections will open now
|Error while importing csv files in batches in MySQL/MariaDB has been resolved.
|The problem with deploying change scripts for MariaDB sequence in Schema Compare has been resolved.
|The constraint user interface issue has been resolved where it was showing as "new" even after it was mapped to file system in PostgreSQL VCS
|Script generation for Collation in PostgreSQL 15 has been resolved.
|Script generation for GENERATED ALWAYS AS clause in MariaDB/Mysql has been resolved.
|The issue with tab focus shifting to the columns tab while manipulating the WHERE clause in the data tab has been fixed.