NOTE: Refer to Knowledgebase article 333144 for important MySQL database configuration requirements prior to enabling SQL PI for MySQL agents
How to add the SQL PI extension to a MySQL agent in Foglight 6.0 and higher
- Navigate to the Global View Databases dashboard
- Select checkbox next to that MySQL agent, and then click Settings | Administration
- Choose the SQL Performance Investigator entry
- Click the entry "No SQL PI repository attached" to add the SQL Server PI repository.
- A popup will appear to explain the functionality with details about the product. Click the Accept button to continue the configuration.
- Click the radio button next to one of the FglAMs and then click the Apply button
- Enter the connection details for the SQL Server instance that will be used for the repository. If a repository were already associated on this FglAM or other agents were configured, then these fields would not be edittable. Click the next button once this is complete.
- Enter the SQL PI schema details, use the radio button to create a new PI repository database or choose a previously created repository database
- Click the finish button
- Click the OK button on the validation panel.
- After the new PI database and schema has been created, select the checkbox for the database agent or multiple agents, if more than one is present, and click the Enable button.
The PI agents are created and the database agent is associated with the PI repository. Once the process is complete. The red checkmark turns green and the database agent is associated with the PI repository.
The following video details how to add SQL PI to a MySQL agent