Admin Console | Welcome Page | choose "Configure Alarm Reporting and Blackouts" | Configure Email Settings | expand 'Email Server Configuration' (drop down arror) | fill out the following:
- Mail Server Name or IP (this becomes the 'mail.host' Fog5 Registry Variable)
- Email Sender Address (check your mail server to see that it will allow mail coming from this mail address) (this becomes the 'mail.from' Fog5 RegVar)
Above is the minimum configuration needed. Click "Test Configuration". If Test does not succeed, you may need to set additional settings based on your Email Server configuration (ask your Email Server Admin). Here are the additional settings explained:
- Username to Login to Server - used when email server requires authentication to connect to it to send mail. This entry becomes the Fog5 regvar 'mail.host'
- User Password - password for above username. This entry becomes the Fog5 regvar 'mail.user'
- Mail Server Port - If this is left at "not configured", the default smtp port 25 is used. Most mail servers use port 25 for their smtp communications. This entry becomes the Fog5 regvar 'mail.port'
- Mail Protocol - The protocol used for sending emails. The default is smtp. The only other supported option is smtps (Foglight does not support IMAP). This entry becomes the Fog5 regvar 'mail.transport.protocol'
- Enable Debug Mode - used to log verbosely email actions in Foglight. Will be written to: \fms_home\logs\ManagementServer_DateTimeXXX.log FMS does NOT need to be restarted to have the change take effect.
- Enable STARTTLS - see edocs
- Enable SSL - if your mail server uses SSL to encrypt smtp communications. Note: if this is enabled, you must set the 'mail.port' parameter to the port which your email server is using for SSL communications (Exchange Server by default uses Port 465 for smtp with ssl). This entry becomes the Fog5 regvar 'mail.use.ssl'
TEST CONFIGURATION - sends a test email to an address you specify based on your settings above (don't forget to check the spam/junk folder : )
Email Routing section - many rules in Foglight are pre-setup out of the box to begin sending notifications when their cartridge is enabled, agents are created, and data is being collected and coming in. The pre-configured rules use VariableNames when sending the notifications 'To:'. The Email Routing Section here is where to set values to those VariableNames to begin receiving their notifications.