In the "Remote Agent Managers State per Host" rule, we need to identify which Relational Database Management (RDBMS) agent(s) are on the host, so that we could get the value of appropriate registry variable to send the notification, if the remote agent is down.
We have defined the standard email registry variable in the action for this rule to Fgl_Admin.
What method might we use to accomplish this task?
Eg. We have email groups such as Ora_On_Call, Syb_On_Call, DB2_On_Call, SQL_On_Call
The concept would be to scope the Fgl_Admin registry variable to a new value for each agent type.
1) In the Web Console | Dashboards | Administration | Rules & Notifications | Manage Registry variables, click the Fgl_Admin (or your designated) registry variable.
2) Click the Add Registry Value button on the bottom of the page
3) In the Topology Type drop-down, scroll to your desired agent type such as Oracle and select OracleAgent.
4) Leave the Topology Object as "All Objects"
5) Enter the desired email group
6) Click the Add button.
7) Repeat step 3 - 6 for each agent type desired.