When you have finished adding your custom monitors, you can set up alerts and conditions for each one by editing the policy for a device. An alert for a custom SNMP monitor is created the same way you create an alert for system monitor.
Within a policy, the Alerts section includes a condition for custom SNMP monitors. You can create a new condition for your alert that sets up the notifications and actions for the custom SNMP monitor to make sure you stay informed of any issues before they impact users.
To set up an alert for a custom monitor
- In the Devices View, right-click a device and then click Monitors and Alerts | Configure For Device.
- In the Device Edit Monitor and Alerts window, click the Alerts tab.
- Click Add Alert.
- In the Alert dialog, click the new condition link and select Custom Monitor.
- Select a monitor in the list and click Select. You can now assign the appropriate condition criteria and set the time span for the alert.
- In the Value drop-down list, specify the value.
- Type a valid integer value in the text box below the Value drop-down list.
- Select the span and define the trigger criteria.
- Click OK. The alert condition appears in the Conditions, Actions, and Escalations text box located in the Alert pop-up window.
NOTE: You can only set one condition for each custom monitor. If you select a custom monitor that already has a condition, an error message displays.
- Click OK to save the alert.
- Click Save to save your changes to the policy. The alert is added to all the devices in that policy. When the monitor interval has elapsed and the condition is met, the alert triggers and displays in the Alert Triggered list.