When an alert is not reset by a user, Foglight NMS escalates the alert to one or more users. In order to send the escalated alert to a specific user, please assign an escalation rank to that user in the User Management section of the Administration View. The escalation rank is the priority by which users are notified. Once you establish the escalation ranking order, return to the policy, open an alert and add a new escalation to it, as well as define the parameters for it.
Setting the Escalation Rank For a User
- In the Foglight NMS Studio, click "Configuration | Administration"
- Click "User Management"
- In the list of users, select a user to which you want to assign a rank.
- Click "Notifications"
- Click "Add Rule"
- Select a site in the Customer drop-down list.
- In the "Escalation Rank" field, select a number. For example, if you assign "1" as the rank, then this user is the first person notified when an alert is escalated.
- Click "OK"
Adding a New Escalation to an Alert
- Select a policy to edit and then click the "Alerts" tab.
- Select an alert and click "Edit Alert"
- Click the "New Escalation" link.
- In the Escalation dialog, do the following to define the escalation parameters:
- In the "After" field, select the amount of time that passes between each email that is sent to the user.
- In the "Trigger" field, select the number of times a user will be notified before the alert is escalated to a different user or is placed back in to "Alert in Process" status.
- Click "OK"