Foglight for Storage Management (FSM) 4.4 is based on our latest Foglight core 126.96.36.199 release, please click this link for the new feature in 188.8.131.52
This release includes the following updates:
- SMI-S timeout settings are added for Storage Collector Agent, which applies to these switches and arrays for data collection with SMI-S in a large environment (VFGLS-3699):
- EMC Clariion, VNX, VMAX
- Hitachi AMS, USP, VSP
- HP EVA, 3PAR
- The FSM Storage Database has been removed from the Storage Agent (VFGLS-3268):
- The Storage Agent Master & Storage Agent Master DB components have been removed from the collection architecture. Foglight for Storage Management now operates using Storage Collector Agents to submit the collected data directly to the Foglight Management Server.
- (Versions prior to FSM 4.4 were dependent on the Storage Agent Master DB to persist the agent configuration, cache topology/performance data and execute rollup calculations for performance metrics and history.)
- The Storage Agent Master & Storage Agent Master DB will automatically be removed from the deployment once all the existing Storage Collector Agents are successfully upgraded to the 4.4.0 release.
- (Prior to each agent upgrade, the Agents data will be migrated from Storage Agent Master DB to the Foglight Management Server. This is primarily to migrate the agent configuration from the Storage Agent Master DB, to, the to be created version 4.4.0 agent. The historical data of the monitored array co-exists between both the Storage Agent Master DB and the Foglight Management Server DB, no data will be lost.)
- All the corresponding tools for the Storage Agent Master DB will be removed as they are no longer required.
- A new simplified workflow for creating and upgrading of the Storage Collector Agents has been implemented.
- None of the monitoring agents included with Foglight for Storage Management currently support the HA (high availability) feature included with Foglight Agent Manager.
- This release of Foglight for Storage Management is designed for use with Foglight 184.108.40.206 or later. Existing users of Foglight for Virtualization, versions prior to 8.5 will need to upgrade to at least 8.5. In addition, the Foglight Agent Manager must be upgraded to at least version 220.127.116.11.1.
- The included update of the Java VM for both the agent manager and the Foglight™ Management Server includes security updates that remove support for RC4 cipher suites, MD5 signed SSL certificates, and support for SSLv3. Older versions of the management server using the default installation certificate will be provided with an updated certificate. If a user-provided SSL certificate was configured then it must be upgraded to comply with the Java security requirements. This should be done before installing the server upgrade. Future updates to Java may also disable support for SHA-1 signed SSL certificates. SHA-256 is recommended as the signature algorithm for all SSL certificates.
- Any agents using SSL to monitor arrays or array management hosts use the same security restrictions. SSL certificates on arrays should be upgraded to SHA-256 signed certificates if SSL connections are required. Agents can switch to non-SSL connections if desired.
- When connecting to BNA to monitor Brocade switches, only read-only access is required. The documentation has been updated to reflect this.