Alarm template targets are infrastructure objects monitored by Foglight. By default, every target is monitored by
the factory template. To change the alarm rules monitoring a target or set of targets, you can attach those targets
to a different alarm template.
To attach a target to a template:
- In the template panel, click on the template you wish to add targets to. The template will be displayed, with
the alarms grouped by domain.
- Click the desired domain. Click Targets.
- Click Add Target. A list of available targets for that domain will be displayed.
- For larger environments, the list of available targets will be quite large. Use the options below to find your
desired targets more easily:
- Filter by type - Some domains offer the ability to filter targets by type. While the specific target
types available differ by domain, the method to select a target type is the same. To filter by target
type, click the Type drop-down and select the desired target type. Only targets of that type will be
- Search - You may use the search function to filter targets to show only targets matching the search
string. When searching for targets, Foglight will display matches for the search term in any field
(Target, Current alarm template, Type, and Host).
- Select the desired targets. Click Add Selected Target(s).
For database targets, adding a target to a template will also assign that template to the selected agent in
Databases | Alarms | Alarm Template Settings
The following video details how to add targets to Alarm Templates