Various metrics have been set up in transaction and/or hit filters. Some of these metrics are seeing in Foglight but other are not:
- If the metric is 0 or null then Foglight will not necessarily show it
- The events that update the metrics are not been triggered
- FxV only keeps metrics for 7 days
- At midnight every night FxV will clear out any user defined metrics which are not longer included in a filter or dynamically created (uses $0 in the name).
- There is a hard limit of 1000 of user defined metrics. If that limit is hit FxV will not allow any additional metrics to be updated
1. Verify that the metrics are defined in the transaction.
2. Generate some new traffic that will trigger this transaciton.
3. Perform some transaction searches (as they did previously) to verify that the transaction was triggered.
a. Note, make sure these are new transactions that were just triggerred.
4. Check the transaction metrics with the FxV UI.
a. Log on to FxV UI with an account with admin privileges.
b. Go to the metrics page "Configure->Superuser Tasks->View Metrics"
c. Select the "Archivers" tab.
d. Locate the "Custom Metrics" section (it should be at the very top of the page).
e. Verify that the metrics from the transaction are listed in this section.
1. Note, you may have to wait 5 or more minutes for the metrics to be updated.