How can we re-image our Dell hardware (models R300, R610, or R710, R720, R730) with a Foglight Experience Monitor (FxM) or Foglight Experience Viewer (FxV) iso image?
How do we do a fresh FxM/FxV/APM install, not an upgrade?
1. Log into Supportlink athttp://www.quest.com/support (If you have not ever registered, you will need to first register, it requires your site ID).
2. Click on the Downloads & Updates link on the left-hand side, in the Product field enter in: Foglight Experience Monitor (or Foglight Experience Viewer) then press the Go button.
3. Click on the link on the left panel to choose the FxM version you need, then choose Foglight Experience Monitor (or Viewer) - Full Installation ISO Image (.iso compressed)
4. Download the bootable disk image (i.e. the .iso file) and unzip that file.
5.Burn a DVD from that disk image file.Make sure to not just burn that file as a regular data DVD; choose the special option of burning the DVD from the disk image file. (This will vary depending on what DVD burning software program you use. For example, that option would be Disk Image or Saved Project on Nero). Also, make sure to burn it to a DVD, not a CD; there is not enough space on a CD.
6. Put that DVD into FxMs CD/DVD drive and reboot the appliance. (Upon reboot, if the system does not see the iso image (i.e. it just does a typical reboot), check the BIOS and ensure that the boot order lists the CD/DVD drive first.)
7. Install the application.
You cannot install an FxM version below 5.5.0 on the R300, R610, or R710 via the method explained above because the DVD drivers are different for those hardware models. On FxM 5.5.0 and later, we made changes to the iso images to accommodate that change in DVD drivers. However, on the R610/R710, you can boot from the iso from your desktop (if you have a Dell Remote Access Controller(DRAC) configured for use) and install pre-5.5.0 versions that way. On the R300 that will not be possible because there is no DRAC.