After an encryption key is defined, you can edit the name of the encryption key or the description of the key. These properties are visible when you view the list of encryption keys in the Encryption Keys pane.
Complete the steps in this procedure to edit the name or description of an existing unlocked encryption key.
Caution: After you edit the name or description an encryption key that is used to protect one or more machines, Rapid Recovery takes a new base image. That base image snapshot occurs for that machine upon the next scheduled or forced snapshot.
- Navigate to the Rapid Recovery Core Console.
- On the icon bar, click (More) and then select Encryption Keys.
The Encryption Keys page appears.
- Locate the encryption key you want to edit, and do the following:
If the key is locked, you must first unlock it. See Unlocking an encryption key.
If the key is unlocked, proceed as described below.
- Click the drop-down menu for the specified encryption key, and select Edit.
The Edit Encryption Key dialog box appears.
- In the dialog box, edit the name or the description for the encryption key, and then click OK.
The dialog box closes, and the changes for the selected encryption key are visible on the Encryption Keys page.