Additional information is available from the following:
- In-product help is available from the Rapid Recovery Core Console by clicking .
Obtaining Rapid Recovery software
You can obtain Rapid Recovery software using the following methods:
- Download from the QorePortal. If you have an active maintenance agreement, you can log into the QorePortal at https://qoreportal.quest.com. From the top menu, click Settings, and from the left navigation menu, select Downloads. Here you will have access to installers for various Rapid Recovery components, including Core, Agent, LMU, DR, and more.
- Download from the License Portal. If you have already registered Rapid Recovery in the Rapid Recovery License Portal, you can log into that portal at https://licenseportal.com. From the left navigation menu, click Downloads, and download the appropriate software.
- Download trial software from the Support website. To download trial software, navigate to the Rapid Recovery Rapid Recovery website at https://support.quest.com/rapid-recovery and from the left navigation menu, click Software Downloads. Here you can access trial versions of Rapid Recovery Core, Agent (for Windows or Linux), tools and utilities, and more. Trial versions function for 14 days, after which time you must purchase and register a subscription or perpetual license to continue using Rapid Recovery. To purchase a license, fill out the web form at https://support.quest.com/contact-us/licensing and select Obtain a license for my product.
You can also obtain the Rapid Recovery Agent software from within the Rapid Recovery Core Console using the following methods:
- Protecting machines with the wizard. If the Rapid Recovery Core is installed, you can deploy the Agent software to the machine you want to protect from the Protect Machine Wizard or the Protect Multiple Machines Wizard. Using these wizards, you can also choose to add machines to protection using an older installed version of Agent. For more information about these wizards, see the topics "Protecting a Machine" and "About protecting multiple machines" in the Rapid Recovery User Guide.
- Use the Deploy Agent Software feature. If the Rapid Recovery Core is installed, you can deploy the Agent software from the Core to one or multiple machines. This is useful for upgrading Agent to one or more machines simultaneously. From the Protect drop-down menu on the Rapid Recovery Core Console, select Deploy Agent Software and complete details in the resulting wizard. For more information about using this feature, see the topic "Deploying Agent to multiple machines simultaneously from the Core Console" in the Rapid Recovery User Guide.
- Download Agent or LMU from the Rapid Recovery Core Console. From a network-accessible Windows machine you want to protect, you can log into the Rapid Recovery Core Console and download the Agent software. From the icon bar, click More and then select Downloads. From the Downloads page, you can download the web installer to install Agent or the Local Mount Utility on Windows machines.
This section contains information about installing and operating this product in non-English configurations, such as those needed by customers outside of North America. This section does not replace the materials about supported platforms and configurations found in the Rapid Recovery System Requirements Guide.
This release is Unicode-enabled and supports any character set. In this release, all product components should be configured to use the same or compatible character encodings and should be installed to use the same locale and regional options. This release is targeted to support operations in the following regions: North America, Western Europe and Latin America, Central and Eastern Europe, Far-East Asia, Japan. It supports bidirectional writing (Arabic and Hebrew). The release supports Complex Script (Central Asia – India, Thailand).
Multi-language support is available for this product. The user interface for this release is localized to the following languages: Chinese (Simplified), French, German, Japanese, Korean, (Brazilian) Portuguese, Spanish.
This release has the following known capabilities or limitations:
- QorePortal is in English only.
- Reports are in English only.
- All currently supported versions of Rapid Recovery Core require the . Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.6.2. Earlier releases of Rapid Recovery used different versions of the .NET Framework. There is no downgrade option available. If you upgrade versions of Rapid Recovery to a release using a more recent version of the .NET Framework, and then subsequently decide to return to a prior version, you must perform a new installation of the appropriate Core and Agent software.
- Logs and KB articles for Rapid Recovery are in English only.
- Technical product documentation for this release is in English only.