1. If during the migration you change source address
Then the migration will request a new license for each mailbox
This is because, in ODME, licensing is based on the source mailbox address
- If you try to put the address back it might not work.
- You will need to contact your Quest Sales Representative and request new licenses
2. A license gets consumed for a mailbox if that mailbox has been migrated successfully.
if the migration fails then no license gets consumed for that mailbox.
you can see this in the log as well
3. ODME counts the migration of a mailbox not of the migration of a plan.
We can know if a mailbox has been migrated and how many times
but we do not know how many times a plan has been migrated.
4. The migration limit applies only to a "Successful Migration".
If the mailbox has been successfully migrated 10 times then it will not be migrated again
but if the mailbox fails to migrate then it will not be counted.
It will be considered as 'Failed Migration'.
5. By Default, the Maximum Successful Migrations is: 10 (Default)
but we might increase it in some scenarios/situations for your Account
if that is approved by Quest Management.
6. The Maximum Successful Migrations that are in place are really just for some situations
where you need to remigrate, not to sync everytime. By design ODME is not a sync tool