If a mailbox has been migrated to Office 365 from an on-premise Exchange server, we need to update the properties of that mailbox in Metalogix Archive Manager to make the software aware that the mailbox has been moved. To update the mailbox we use the Archive Manager Office 365 Migration tool available from support.
Note: Please ensure that a full backup of the SQL databases for Metalogix Archive Manager has been taken before using the Migration tool. Changes made by the tool cannot be undone, so any mistakes made while using the tool will require we restore a backup to resolve.
This procedure is only valid when using Microsoft SQL, if you are using Oracle please contact support for assistance.
To use the Office 365 Migration Tool, the connection for Office 365 must already be setup in Archive Manager. Follow the steps in this guide to connect Archive Manager to Office 365: https://support.quest.com/metalogix-archive-manager-for-exchange/kb/306891/connecting-archive-manager-to-office-365
For the tool to function the latest version of Powershell and Windows Management Framework needs to be installed on the archive server. This can be downloaded from Microsoft here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54616. After downloading and installing each component please run Windows updates on the server and install the latest updates available.
Using the Metalogix Archive Manager for Exchange Office 365 Migration Tool
1. Installing the tool on the archive server, start by opening the Migration Tool as Administrator
2. Once the Archive Manager Migration Tool is open, we will need to connect to your Metalogix Archive Manager database. To do this click the + next to Archive Manager
3. Enter the connection information to connect to the Metalogix Archive Manager for Exchange SQL database. If you are unsure of what to enter you can get this information from the Archive Manager Configuration Utility on the server. For Migrations to Office 365 select the option for Exchange Online as the target server.
Archive Manager Configuration for the Exchange SQL Database
4. After entering the SQL connection properties click Connect. This will connect to the Archive Manager database and you should see a list of mailboxes populate under Archive Manager on the left side. Next click the + next to Exchange Online and enter the credentials for the global admin account for your Office 365. After entering the credentials click Connect.
Note: If you receive an error regarding the tool being unable to open a runspace, this indicates prerequisites to use the tool are missing from the server. Please check the prerequisites section at the top of this article
5. After connecting to both the local Archive Manager database and Exchange Online you will see the list of mailboxes in Archive Manager in the list on the left and the list of mailboxes in the Exchange Online tenant on the right. To perform a migration for a mailbox, select the source from the left side and the correct mailbox on the right and click the Map button.
6. After selecting a mailbox from both lists and clicking Map it will show in the bottom section indicating that the tool is ready to perform a migration for the mailbox. There is no limit to the number of mailboxes that can be migrated at once so you can select as many as needed. There is also an Automap function that will scan the properties of mailboxes and try to automatically determine the correct source and target, however we recommend verifying mailboxes are selected correctly when using this to avoid mistakes.
7. Once you have selected all the mailboxes you need to perform a migration on, click the Start Migration button in the bottom right. You will be presented with a warning about taking a backup of the SQL databases before continuing, it is critical that a backup is taken first before running the migration and there should never be any exception to this.
After your mailboxes have been migrated Metalogix Archive Manager can continue to archive the mailboxes from Office 365. We also recommend verifying all of your group settings for the mailboxes are correct to ensure archiving is using the policies and settings expected.
© 2020 Quest Software Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Feedback Términos de uso Privacidad