How do you Report On Domain Groups with ARS secondary owners?
The report shows domain groups and theirs Primary and Secondary owners. In order to collect secondary owners, Active Role Server should be configured., The Check box on the managed By Tab - Secondary Owners Can update Membership List must be selected and any new user added as a secondary User, must be applied. On the next Enterprise Reporter Discovery the table listed in step 11 will be updated
Before you begin, you need to ensure that the ARS ADSI Provider is installed on the Enterprise Reporter Server and all Node Servers. To check go to the following registy Key - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Dell\Active Roles\7.0\ADSI and ensure the versions are all the same and check the ARS Server too
1. Extract the attached zip file
2. Backup existing Enterprise Reporter database
3. Open SQL Server MS, select the Enterprise Reporter database, open and execute the attached 'Domain Groups with ARS secondary owner.sql; script
4. Make sure that ARS is installed and configured
5. Open Configuration Manager, Discovery Management, Configuration, Manage attributes collected by Enterprise Reporter, click Yes
6. Click 'Extend' button in the 'Active Roles' section
7. Set Domain, Active Role Server and Credentials
8. Select 'Group' in the 'Type' drop down menu
9. Find and extend the 'edsvaSecondaryOwners' attribute. Close the dialog.
10. Edit the Discovery and on the Scope tab ensure the checkbox 'Active Roles Virtual Attributes' is selected and the ARS server is set
11. Switch back to the SQL Server MS
12. Find newly created tblDomainGroup_[GIUD] table
13. Copy the full name of the table.
14. Open Report Manager
15. Import the attached 'Domain Groups with ARS secondary owner.xrd' report into 'My Reports' category
16. Click 'Edit' and select 'Query' tab
17. Find [tblDomainGroup_GIUD] in the query and replace with the one copied from the database.
18. Validate the query and close the dialog.
19. Set input parameters and run the report.
Please note these instructions come from the Enterprise Reporter Community - https://www.quest.com/community/products/enterprise-reporter/m/custom-reports/8/
Support will not troubleshoot the SQL query or assist in configuring this for you. You undertake the above at your own risk.