Unable to connect using the Report Manager remotely when SQL Express is being used (198735)
Unable to connect using the Report Manager remotely when SQL Express is being used
Unable to connect using the Report Manager remotely when SQL Express is being used for the back end database. The Configuration Manager works fine remotely and all database access has been confirmed.
SQL Expressed may not be configured to accept remote connections.
- On the SQL Server open the SQL Server Configuration Manager
- Expand "SQL Server Network Configuration" and click on Protocols for SQLEXPRESS
- Right Click and enable TCP/IP
- Go to the Properties of TCP/IP and then click on the IP Addresses tab
- Scroll to the bottom to the IPAll section
- Set the TCP Port to 1433
- Restart the SQL Server service in the servcies.msc console
- Enable and start the SQL Server Browser service if it is not already running
SQL Express has a database size limit and is not recommended for use with Enterprise Reporter. The SQL Server 2014 limit is 10Gb.
© 2021 Quest Software Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.