Download Get-Set Computer Name 18.104.22.168
These tasks will work with both sysprepped images and scripted installs of XP/Vista/7/8.
Major features include:
• Using the K1 database
• Using the K2 database
• Using variable replacement
• Using a data file
• Dialog prompting
There are 2 scripts included with this download, getcomputername and setcomputername, each has 32 and 64 bit versions.
For complete instructions and commandline switches, please read the included README.txt file.
What’s new in this version
What’s new in v. 22.214.171.124
- Properly identify Windows 10 (ESMCS-348)
- Changed how xml was modified from a search/replace to pure xml, which means that if doesn't exist, it will now be created (ESMCS-335)
- Moved log to \ProgramData\Quest\Scripting Ninjas
- Changed the way get/set read mac address and resolved a number of issues due to this (ESMCS-338)
- When model is VMWare, and $Serial model replacement, make serial number use characters from the right (ESMCS-339)
- Include looking at hostname for devices that were imported (ESMCS-340)