This tool allows for customization of a KACE Boot Environment (KBE) for use with the KACE Systems Deployment Appliance (SDA). Usage for this tool can include:
- KACE SDA imaging environments with no DHCP solution.
- KACE SDA imaging environments where DHCP cannot be configured to work with KACE SDA Deployment Center.
- Building in ADSI or ODBC drivers to the KBE.
- Using Dell Client Customization Tool Kit (DCCTK) to customize Dell hardware.
- Uploading custom .WIM boot environments to the KACE SDA appliance.
What’s new in this version
What is new in this version:
-Rebranded to Quest (ESMCS-326)
-Added remove_drives script to remove drive letters from KBE that are not relevant (like empty card slots). (ESMCS-337)
-fixed an issue where the wrong IP was reported in the Summary if the K2 IP was changed after selecting a static KBE (ESMCS-347)
-Allow Media Manager and ADK paths to be saved as preferences (ESMCS-349)
-Update registry settings to Quest (ESMCS-333)
-Add dhcptest to kbem as a backup if kgetdhcp doesn't get the information (ESMCS-327)
-Allow for TimeZone to be set for KBE and sync the time to the k2 (ESMCS-346)
-make driver_feed_advisor recognize 4.1sp1 datafile (ESMCS-345)
-If ip address is changed after static ip address is configured, new ip address is not set (ESMCS-347)
-Change Background option does not show in summary (ESMCS-336)
-Reword Driver Feed Advisor option in settings (ESMCS-341)
-Update KBEM documentation with new screenshots and rebrand (ESMCS-330)
-Account for scenario where user has to rerun startnet.cmd by attempting to map 3x (ESMCS-353)