LiteSpeed for SQL Server, or LiteSpeed, is a fast and flexible backup and recovery solution that allows DBAs to easily maintain complete control over the backup and recovery process.
What’s new in this version
• Amazon S3 Cloud Backup support: LiteSpeed now supports backing up to and restoring from the Amazon S3 cloud from both on-prem SQL Servers and from Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon
• EC2) instances.
• Updated User Interface: The UI has been updated.
• Automated Restore Immediate Execution Option: An immediate execution option has been added to Automated Restore.
• Multi-Database Backup Support for Fast Compression?Fast Compression is now available for Multi-Database backup in the UI.
• Multi-Database Restore?Multi-database restores can now be done using Automated Restore.
• Dell Rebrand?The product name has been renamed to LiteSpeed for SQL Server (removing the NetVault name).
• Backup Performance Improvements?Backup speed and size for small backups has improved.
• Fast Compression?some options are now deprecated. The "Check full backup" and "Check for full in alternate folder" options are no longer available. Fast Compression will always check for the full backup
• in the folder where it was created.
• SQL Server 7 is no longer supported.
• The Licensing Option is now available from the Instance context menu in Backup Manager.
• Re-execute both Failed and Successful Backups?You can now re-execute both failed and successful backups from the LiteSpeed Activity tab from any level in the Backup Manager.
• Improved Cluster Installer: LiteSpeed includes an improved cluster installer option that allows for an
• install to a single node in the cluster.
• Automated Restore Change: Automated Restore now allows you to specify any SQL Server instance even if it is not registered in the LiteSpeed console or if it is offline.