Quest NetVault Backup is a cross-platform backup and recovery software solution that safeguards your data and applications in both physical and virtual environments – from one intuitive console.
What’s new in this version
The following is a list of enhancements implemented in NetVault Backup 10.0.5.
• Added configuration settings that enable selection of a previously labeled and used media item instead of a blank media item. When you specify the same values for the configuration settings Device Empty Loaded Weighting and Media Loaded Weighting, NetVault Backup selects a previously used media item instead of a blank media item. These settings were added in NetVault Backup 9.1. - 3846
• Modified the nvsetcreate utility to support multiple options with -backupoption. This feature was added in a previous release of NetVault Backup. - 4268
• Added support for NDMP Cluster Aware Backup (CAB) Extension. - 13384
• Modified the nvtrigger utility to report an error and display usage details when an invalid option or trigger name is specified or when the options are not specified in the correct order. - 22223
• Modified the Plug-in for Raw Devices to generate trace log messages for CreateFile() function errors. - 25355
• Increased the number of days a reloaded backup index can be retained in the NetVault Database. The option Days to Keep Index in the Load Index dialog box can now be set to 500 days. - 26229
• Added video tutorial links for the product. - 26389
• Added the following reports: Job Definitions: Provides user-wise summary of backup, restore, and report jobs. Server Daily Summary: Provides a summary of backups and backup media. - 27018
• Updated the Job Status page to provide the Search option, which can be used to find jobs by - Job Name. - 27242
• Added the report Client Details, which can be used to view the details of the clients added to the NetVault Backup Server. - 27264
• Added support for EMC Data Domain Boost (DD Boost?) 3.0, which includes support for Data Domain OS 5.6. - 27404
• Added support for Dell Rapid Data Access (RDA) Plug-in 3.2.
• NOTE: Before installing or upgrading NetVault Backup, you must upgrade the DR Series System to the latest 3.2 release. - 27405
• Added license expiration warning message, which is displayed when the product license nears expiration. The message appears when you log on to the WebUI. The expiration warning period can be configured from the Change Settings page. - 27491
• Updated the Manage Job Definitions - View Job page to provide the View Job Log option. - 27515
• Added the ability to change job names for existing jobs. - 27516
• Added online help for all configuration pages that are used to change the default settings for the NetVault Backup Server and Client machines. - 27845
Please see Release Notes for further details