NOTE: Please read Knowledge Article 147150 before performing an update.
Foglight for SQL Azure allows DBAs to quickly and efficiently identify performance deviations, determine their root cause, perform comprehensive analyses, and resolve performance bottlenecks. The product provides web-enabled dashboards for centralized visibility, management and health checks for the SQL Azure instances deployed in your Azure environment, as well as proactive alerting and alarm workflows for tracking your responses to critical performance anomalies.
Foglight for SQL Azure also allows assessing the cost efficiency of your current database edition, in view of the storage consumption and bandwidth utilization.
What’s new in this version
• Foglight for SQL Azure version 22.214.171.124 SP2 is a service pack release of version 126.96.36.199. This release exclusively addresses supporting the adjustment made by Microsoft to the new cost module.
• Foglight for SQL Azure version 188.8.131.52 contains the following features:
• •Global view adjusting to the Foglight for Databases look and feel, featuring extended functionality, including the databases quick view panel.
• •New dashboards
• •New alarms
• Centralized Administration Console:
• The Centralized Administration Console (Global Administration) can be used to set up general server properties and to change agent-related settings for one or more agents at the same time.
• •Automatic Discovery Wizard: use this to discover and monitor databases that reside under a specified SQL Azure instance.
• Foglight for SQL Azure is an n-tier application, which leverages a web-based user interface to ensure having complete visibility into the SQL Azure infrastructure.
• See the Release Notes for details on features and updates.
Foglight for SQL Server Azure 184.108.40.206 (SP2) Release Notes
Foglight for SQL Server Azure 220.127.116.11 (SP2) Getting Started Guide
Foglight for SQL Server Azure 18.104.22.168 (SP2) User Guide
Foglight for SQL Server Azure 22.214.171.124 (SP2) Reference Guide