Foglight Experience Monitor continuously and passively monitors current network traffic, performs comprehensive analyses of that traffic, and presents the data gathered in a user-friendly, browser-based interface accessible from anywhere within or outside your organization. Foglight Experience Monitor watches every packet transmitted across the network allowing it to provide packet and byte volume statistics for all relevant network components
What’s new in this version
Version 5.7.0 is a maintenance release that provides the following improvements:
• Updated the web console to enable Jumbo Frames by default.
• Added a setting for configuring the Maximum Frame Size (on the web console, see Configure > Monitoring > Servers > Server Options > "Maximum Frame Size").
• Added a setting for turning on/off the hardware timestamping feature (on the web console, see Configure > Monitoring > Servers > Server Options > "Hardware Timestamping").
• Added two configuration settings that affect the latency calculations: "Exclude delayed ACKs from network latency metric calculations" and "Use unweighted samples for latency calculation" (on the web console, see Configure > URLs > Advanced Options).
• Improved the error handling system by generating an error message when there are more physical NICs installed than the system can support.
Enhanced security. All security improvements implemented in patches since version 5.6.6 are rolled into this release. Also added some new fixes for the following vulnerabilities:
• Implemented a fix for the Ghost (glibc) vulnerability.
• Implemented operating system security updates for SLES 10 SP4 available from Novell?.
Third-party updates. Updated the operating system and third-party software on the appliance to address updates and critical fixes released by vendors.
• Updated Apache? to version 2.4.12.
• Updated PHP to version 5.6.6.
• MaxMind database refresh.
• Updated OpenSSL to version 1.0.1k.
• Changed the instrumentation script name.
• Changed the web console and the console program to comply with rebranding standards.
See also Resolved Issues and Enhancements.
Foglight Experience Monitor 5.7 Release Notes
Foglight Experience Monitor 5.7 - User Guide
Foglight Experience Monitor 5.7 - Installation and Administration Guide
Foglight Experience Monitor 5.7 - Quick Install Guide
Foglight Experience Monitor 5.7 - Metric Reference Guide
Foglight Experience Monitor 5.7 - Security and Compliance Field Guide
Foglight Experience Monitor 5.7 - SQL Reference Guide