Refer to the Quest SQL Optimizer for SQL Server 10.0 Installation Guide for silent installation instructions.
What’s new in this version
This release of SQL Optimizer for SQL Server includes the following new features and enhancements.
• The Find SQL module now includes a new dashboard-style summary page for search results.
• Find SQL also conveniently groups the collected SQL statements into SQL Classification categories (problematic, complex, simple, and invalid).
Summary Chart View
• You now click View Details to see the SQL details for Top SQL, Top Batches, or Top
SQL Details View
• The Details page has been redesigned to make it easier to view and compare SQL details.
Test Run Function
• New Test Run buttons replace the Execute and Batch Run buttons. Each button includes new sub-commands with slightly different functionality. These buttons have been redesigned to streamline the test run process.
Test Run Settings Dialog
• A new Test Run Settings dialog replaces the Session Batch Run Criteria dialog. This dialog opens when you select Test Run - All or Test Run - Selected.
Test Run Special Settings Dialog
• You can now specify test run options when you test run a single SQL or plan alternative.
• The following statistics are now included in the Alternatives pane and the Plans pane in
Optimize SQL: Response Time, Writes, Buffers Received, and Bytes Received.
Linked Server Objects
• The Schema Information tab now identifies a table or view from a linked server by displaying Remote Table or Remote View in the Type field.
• SQL Optimizer now supports SQL Server "linked servers" and queries that utilized linked servers.
• This release includes support for SQL Server synonyms.