When trying to convert an app, the conversion process fails with the following error:
Exception during conversion
System.Exception: Failed to get the required Virtual Machine from the Hypervisor.
1. Navigate to the Settings | Conversion | Virtual Machine page. When you go to this page, we try to find the machine and fail so it appears like it never loads but make a note of the Virtual Machine settings, such as working path etc so you can reuse these settings below.
2. Delete the entry for the Virtual Machine from ChangeBase.
3. Click New and add the machine back in (You may have to wait a few minutes in large VMware environment for ChangeBase to retrieve the list of VMs
4. Once this is done, you should be able to convert packages again without issues.
DRS moves machines around via vMotion when DRS is set to fully automated. This could cause this issue to occur
Consider disabling DRS just for the ChangeBase repackage/conversion VM(s) DRS can still work for the rest of your environment.
1. In VMware, Right Click on your cluster and then click on "edit settings"
2. Under DRS, click on "Virtual Machine Options"
3. Locate the particular VM and the drop down box under "Automation Level"
4. Change "Default (Fully Automated)" to "Manual"
Waiting for fix in a future release of ChangeBASE