Complete the following steps to configure SQL data level Auditing:
- Select Auditing | SQL Data Level in the left pane of the Administration Task tab.
- Select “Add” or Plus (+) button in the button bar menu of in the right pane
- Enter the desired name in the “Template Name” field
- Select the Radio button that corresponds to the SQL instance type
- Enter the instance name in the name field to the right for "Named" instance..
- Click the dropdown list to the right of the database field to select the desired database.
- Enter the credentials for the agent to use for database access and click “Next”
- Highlight each Event Class to audit and click “Add” button to move the selection to the lower pane and click.
- Click “Next” when all desired Events Classes are selected.
- Optional filters can be configured in the Column Filter screen. For example to filter events for a specific application select the “NOT LIKE” operator from the dropdown list and click the “AplicationName” from the column name list and click add to move the filter operator and strings to the lower pane.
The next Optional section hides sensitive data in selected fields of a specific tables.
- Click the “Plus” (+) to the left of each table to expose the associated fields
- Select the sensitive data field and click the “Add” button to move the selection to the lower pane.
- Click “Finish” when all the desired tables/fields are added.
Refresh the agent configuration.