In some cases customer may have a stand alone NSF file that they were given to migrate to a PST file. The customer does not have access to any Domino server. So how do we get the user imported into the Notes Migrator product to migrate the NSF file?
1. Attached below is a database allowing you to easily import a NSF file into Notes Migrator for migration to PST file.
The database has a default access of Manager. Detach it anywhere within the Notes Data Directory folder structure.
2. This database has a single visible view with a button:
Press Select NSF File, a standard Choose Database dialog box will appear allowing choice of either a database in the Notes Data Directory folder structure or of any other accessible NSF File. If none is selected, a message will inform the user; otherwise a record will be built with the following parameters:
FirstName = "nsf"
Note: The first name has been intentionally populated with "nsf", for easy identification of which Notes Migrator (CMTe) person documents are to be used for the stand alone nsf - pst migration.
LastName =<nsf file name> (without .nsf)
ShortName = <nsf file name> (without .nsf)
FullName = FirstName + " " + LastName
MailServer = blank
MailFileName = <nsf file full path>
MailFile = <nsf file full path>
MailDBSize = <size of nsf file>
3. In Notes Migrator, modify your default Settings to point the "Server NAB" field to this new database
Save and close the Settings document.
4. Go to the "Import Users" view, and select the users to import into CMTe.
5. Select the users for nsf -> pst migration (you can sort by "First Name" column),
Click "Change Step To..." view action button, and select "Migrate", click "OK"
6. Switch to the Migration - 1. Set Migration Profile view, and click the "Set Migration Profile" view action button.
Select a migration profile configured for PST migration (Create a profile if one does not exist for PST migration).
7. Switch to the Migrate - 2. Migrate view,
Select the users for nsf -> PST migration
Note: Make sure each person document created in Notes Migrator contains an SMTP address value in the 'Internet Address and 'Target Mailbox Address fields. This will avoid the following Autodiscover failures.
Error: Log on Failed 80040111
Error: Failed to initialize : <USERNAME>
8. Start the migration per standard migration procedures.