When following the solution "How to use Storage Migration Tool to move attachment data". (137294) The job shows the status as ERROR when refreshing almost immediately.
Checking the the DL.wlog or the Archive Manager Windows eventlog the following error is seen:
When the task is started the dataloader service will performing the following steps:1. Check if the original storage location is ready.
2. Check if the new storage location is ready.
As part of the test it will write a test attachment into each storage location then read it and try to remove the file. If there is not enough space to complete this or if permissions are incorrect the migration task will fail.
To confirm if the access permissions are causing the issue perform the following steps:
1. Open the Archive Manager Administration website and browse to Storage Location
2. Make a note of the path for both the old and new storage locations, e.g. \\servername\ArchiveManagerAttachmentStore
3. Logon to the Archive Manager server where the Archive Manager Dataload Service is installed and running as the service account. This is usually Archivemgr_service.
4. Open the old attachment store location using the path noted above.
5. Assuming the path can be accessed, create a new txt file and save. Edit the file and then try to delete it. If this is not possible the access permissions need to be changed to full control for the service user.
6. Perform the same actions as per step 5 on the new storage location. Again if they cannot be performed then the access permissions need to be set correctly for the service account.
7. Once the issue is addressed, ensure there is enough space in the target storage and run the migration job again.