NAS based storage, whilst available for AppAssure has size and agent restrictions - with a maximum support repository size of 6TB and maximum number of supported agent is 10. NAS based repositories also offer comparatively poor performance compared with local direct attached storage, iSCSI or SAN based repositories.
Where poor performance is detected or the AppAssure limits are exceeded it can be beneficial or necessary to migrate the AppAssure repository to a faster underlying storage.
1) From the Core GUI note the current NAS repository path under Configuration & Repositories and expanding the repository name (typically format is \\servername\sharename)
2) Stop the AppAssure Core service in services.msc
3) Copy the contents of the noted repository path from Step 1 and move these to a subfolder of the new repository drive residing on the faster storage (for example D:\Repository)
4) Open Regedit on the Core and browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AppRecovery\Core\Repositories. All repositories will have a GUID ID similar to 83c98d60-5ec4-4ada-901d-0738acc16a9c - expand the FileConfigurations and subfolders and within the Specification folder confirm the DataPath and MetadataPath match the repository path you wish to move. Proceed to remove the entire GUID folder for the repository you wish to migrate (you may also wish to export the registry key before deletion).
5) Start the Core service
6) Browse to Configuration & Repositories in the Core GUI - note that the NAS based repository is now no longer present.
7) Under Repositories Click 'Open Existing' and point to the new path on the faster storage (where the repository file were moved to in Step 3) and Click Open.
8) Confirm the repository mounts successfully and all snapshots / replication resume successfully.