Fail Over / Fail Over Method
This method can be used as an alternative to the Fail Over / Fail Back and Replication Flipping methods in a disaster recovery scenario, where the original production site was down, the DR site was the the acting production site for some time, followed by you now wanting to move the production machines to another location via AppAssure.PROS:
- Process is best with 100% virtual environments
- No base image when agent changes protection to another core
- Minimal production down time: No waiting for archive exports and imports. Virtual Standby can run during replication for agents saving time to stand up new VM’s on Target Core side.
- Any physical machines will require a BMR.
- If reversing Fail Over to a Core that already has the Agent’s recovery points on it, you may replicate the entire recovery point chain vs. only the new recovery points. This will depend on:
- How long it has been since replication has ran, i.e. the date gap in recovery points
- If Cores have disparate retention policies