Please stop the Core service. If unsure how, click here.
Follow these steps to repair the Core:
1. Once the service is stopped, disable the service
2. Go to Control Panel
3. Double click on Programs & Features
4. Check for any patches currently installed, take note of the number and make sure you have the installer for it/them handy (Patches will be listed as P-xxx or PA-xxxxx)
5. Click to select the Rapid Recovery / AppAssure Core or Rapid Recovery / AppAssure Agent
6. Click on Change at the top
7. The Rapid Recovery / AppAssure wizard will pop up; make sure the radio button next to Repair is selected
8. Follow through the repair wizard
9. After the repair is complete you should go to Services and confirm if the service has started.
NOTE: There are times in which the wizard requires a restart of the server, either on Core or Agent. If that's the case, proceed with rebooting immediately.
10. If any patches were installed, as stated in step 4, reinstall them by stopping the Core or Agent service once again and then running the corresponding installer(s).