R1. Stop Core Service gracefully, see: KB 119400
NOTE: Please set Core Service to Type "Manual" in Services.msc to avoid it starting during this process.
2. Install all Windows mandatory updates - especially relating to .Net.
NOTE: Several reboots may be necessary, plan accordingly.
3. Login to your license portal at:
NOTE: If you do not have a login for the above site, please register or contact your Account Manager.
4. Download the following installation files:
- DL4000 Recovery and Update Utility (RUU) (build 5.4.1)
- AppAssure Core installer (build 5.4.x)
NOTE: Alternatively, RUU can be downloaded from:
5. Run the DL4000 Recovery and Update Utility (RUU).
NOTE: RUU is not necessary to upgrade from 188.8.131.52 to 5.4.2.X. RUU is only intended for cutomers upgrading their appliance from 5.3.X.X to 184.108.40.206.
NOTE: Several reboots may be necessary.
6. Run Core installer upgrade and test to confirm backups have been resumed.