Complete the following steps.
1. Launch the AppAssure 5 Core Console.
2. Click on the agent machine and go to the Recovery Points tab.
3. Expand the desired recovery point from which you wish to restore by clicking the arrow beside it.
4. Click Mount.
- In the Mount dialog box, specify the path to mount this recovery point. This will be the location to access the data in Windows Explorer.
- In the Mount dialog box, specify which volumes to mount. You must choose at least one volume. If you have multiple volumes you can mount all volumes at the same time.
- In the Mount dialog box, choose whether to mount the recovery point at read only or writeable.
Read only truncating previous writes
Writeable – Allows you to make changes to the recovery point (i.e. change permissions on files or folders).
- In the Mount dialog box, if you would like to mount the recovery point as a network share you can do this as well. Enter the share name and specify which users/groups have access (optional).
5. After the required fields have been filled in the Mount dialog box, click Mount.
6. The Recovery Points tab will automatically return until the mount begins, at which time a ‘Monitor Task’ window will display to view the progress of the mounting job.
- Users can also view mounting progress from the events tab.
7. Once the mount is completed, open windows explorer and navigate to the mount path that was specified in Step 4.
- You can also locate all current mounts from Core>Tools>Mounts. This displays all mounted recovery points in the system at the given time and the location where they are mounted to.
8. Browse to the file or folder you need to restore and copy and paste to a desired location.
9. Once data has been recovered, it is a good idea to dismount the recovery point. This can be accomplished from the Core>Tools>Mounts page by clicking ‘Dismount’ on the mounted recovery point.
- Note: stopping the AppAssure Core Service will dismount all active mounted recovery points.