During the upgrade from Active Administrator 7.x to 8.0, the database fails to upgrade and gives the following error:
Dropping FK_tblCertificate_tblComputer ExecuteNonQuery failed for Database
An updated 7.5 to 8.0 script is available for download below to upgrade the database manually. Download the script to the SQL server. If not already installed, download and install SQL Management Studio based on your SQL version.
1. Open the SQL Management Studio and connect to the the SQL instance where the ActiveAdministrator database resides.
2. Highlight the ActiveAdministrator database, then click File | Open | File. Browse for the SQL script and open. The script should now open in a query window to the right.
3. Verify the ActiveAdministrator database is listed in the view window prior to running the script.
4. Click the Execute button or F5 to run the script.
5. Once the script completes, re-run the AA Configuration Wizard to complete the upgrade.
The issue is resolved in version 8 Update 1.
NOTE: The information in the script(s) provided is known to work successfully; however, they have not been officially tested by Quest Quality Control. If any of these instructions are changed and/or incorrectly used, intentionally or unintentionally, this solution becomes unsupported by Quest Support and Development. Quest Support and Development recommend always making a backup of the current database prior to execution of any script(s) that may modify it.
For customization of the Active Administrator database please contact our Professional Services Organization.